Hammonds BBQ Home Page Printable Menu Orders To Go Contact Us
We Love to Cater How to Find Us Our Hours of Operation
Hammond's BBQ was opened in Glen Rose, Texas in 1966 by A.J. and Liz Hammond. A.J. built a pit in his backyard and using BBQ recipes he had learned as a kid in Burnet, Texas, opened for business. By 1969 the restaurant had outgrown its location and A.J. moved the business out of his backyard to an old florist building on highway 67. Hammond's moved again in 1973 to Coyote Strip, CR 1004. Hammond's burnt the first time in 1974 at Coyote Strip. A.J. and Liz rebuilt and continued that operation until 1989. His son opened the second Hammond's BBQ in 1985, at its current location in Glen Rose. In January, 1996 Hammond's dining room burnt and after reconstruction opened for business in April of that year. Hammond's BBQ was sold in February, 1997 to Darrell Caldwell. The operation continued until Hammond's tragically burnt to the ground, June 26, 1997. The dining room walls are lined with some of the tin from the old building. Most of the tools, birdhouses, and license plates that hang in the dining room survived the fire, but much was lost. Then, in January, 2000, the family tradition continues...Larry and Judy Higgins, Darrell's sister and brother-in-law, now own and operate Hammond's BBQ. Today we continue our tradition of the Best Bar-B-Que & Fixins served anywhere! Come See Us!

Larry, Judy, Heather, & Charlie Higgins


 

Home
Menu
To Go
Contact Us
Desserts
Catering
Location
Business Hours

Visit us on Visit us on Facebook  Find us on Foursquare

IT Services by METROGEEK